“I started as a prosecutor, so I learned how to aggressively argue cases in the face of a variety of obstacles.”
- LP Gas
- Premises Liability
Chuck W. Shiver II devotes his practice to general litigation, primarily in the areas of transportation, LP Gas and premises liability.
- Won summary judgment in a conversion/quiet title case in Tarrant County regarding a truck involved in fraudulent title transfers in Nevada, California and Texas.
- Obtained a jury verdict of no negligence on our insured gasoline tanker truck in a multi-vehicle motor accident case that resulted in disabling injuries to the Plaintiff. Also, recovered almost $6,000 in taxable court costs from Plaintiff.
- Won summary judgment in a tractor-trailer accident case filed in Bosque County which terminated the entire case against the clients.
- Obtained summary judgment on all of Plaintiff's claims in a premises liability case based on allegations of negligent repair.
- Obtained nonsuit of all claims (wrongful death and survival) against insured landowner in fatality go-cart rollover accident following filing of Motion for Summary Judgment based on Recreational Use Statute
- Obtained a defense verdict in a jury trial involving a multi-vehicle accident against the insured trucking company based on claims of negligence.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a jury trial involving a fatality motor vehicle accident against the insured trucking company based upon claims of negligent maintenance.
- As a result of evidence developed in extensive investigation of a fatal motor vehicle accident, persuaded Plaintiff’s counsel to dismiss federal suit against insured trucking company and driver, which sought recovery for wrongful death and survival damages.
- Obtained favorable verdict in a three-week jury trial involving a fatality residential propane explosion case, against the insured propane company based upon claims of negligence and gross negligence, (Co-Counsel).
- Obtained settlement of almost 100% from Defendants in property damage and worker’s compensation subrogation claims.
- Brought a series of cases in south Texas on behalf of trucking company, based upon claims of breach of implied bailment resulting from a series of stolen trailers and obtained several favorable settlements.
- Obtained defense verdict in federal court jury trial involving a fatal motor vehicle accident against an insured trucking company and driver based upon claims of negligence and gross negligence. (Co-Counsel).
- Assistant District Attorney for Brazoria County, Texas, 1996-1998.
- State Bar of Texas, 1995
- United States District Courts for Northern, Southern, Eastern and
- Western Districts of Texas
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science from Kutztown University of Pennsylvania, 1984
- Juris Doctor Degree from South Texas College of Law, 1994
Publications & Presentations
- Presenter, “Litigation Venue Issues”; National Transportation & Construction Seminar; Fayetteville, Arkansas, June 6, 2012; and Chicago, Illinois, June 28, 2012
- Co-Author and Co-Presenter, “Liability & Coverage Issues in Trucking Cases”
- Author, “Negligence Per Se - The Absolute versus Conditional Duty Doctrine”
- Author, “Claims Handling and the Emergency Response Case”
- Author, “The Discoverability of Consulting Only Experts with Fact Knowledge”
- Author, “Admissibility of Police Accident Reports”
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Claims & Litigation Management (CLM) – Premium Member
- Propane Gas Defense Association
Chuck was born in Houston, Texas.